HubSpot, a company that specializes in inbound marketing, conducts annual research about consumers and marketing trends, providing statistics to help those of us marketing ourselves and our firms.
In their 2013 State of Inbound Marketing Report, HubSpot revealed what they call “some of the hottest new social media research” for legal firms and other professional organizations. Their goal was to uncover the truth about the current state of social media marketing, and their findings just might help you get inspired to focus on social media marketing for your legal clients and prospects.
Using their annual report and research from other reputable sources, HubSpot’s Ginny Soskey compiled a list of the most recent statistics about social media in an informative blog article. Here, we summarize the numbers that give meaning to why you should market using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
2013 Social Media Marketing Stats:
- 27% of time on the internet and 15% of time on mobile internet in the U.S. is on social networking sites.
- Marketing leads from social media are nearly twice as likely as leads from trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or pay-per-click.
- Social media leads are 13% more likely to convert to actual clients than the average lead.
- 21% of marketers report that social media has become more important to their company in the last six months and 74% say that Facebook is important for generating leads in their marketing work.
- 52% of all marketers have acquired at least one client via Facebook already in 2013.
- Companies with more than 1,000 Facebook Likes also have about 1,400 website visitors every day.
- 43% of all marketers have acquired at least one client via LinkedIn already in 2013.
- 36% of all marketers have acquired at least one client via Twitter already in 2013.
- 25% of consumers who make a complaint on social media about a company expect a response within one hour.
- 48% of women and 43% of men regularly visit at least one company’s social page.
- 23% of marketers are investing in blogging and social media in 2013, up 9% from 2012.
- 46% of internet users consider social media when making a purchase decision.
With 2013 less than halfway behind us, these numbers are especially inspiring. And it’s not too late for your legal firm to get into the game. Join professional marketers, big brands, and maybe even your local competing firms by pumping up your social marketing campaign. At Waxwing Legal, we are here to help you get started or increase your social marketing reach. We can help you use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn to generate leads and increase traffic to your website. Check out our online articles with advice about content marketing and using social media today.